“I try to create paintings that reflect the influence of my own inspiration, bringing colorful and off-kilter perspective and excitement to the canvas.”
I was born and raised in New York and began drawing and painting as far back as I can remember. Upon graduating from Art School in New York I moved to San Francisco where I raised my family and managed a successful career as an Art Director.
At San Francisco’s prestigious De Young Museum Art School I studied for seven years under the tutelage of Michael Cookinham, and was also a Founding Member of Mica Art School, a S.F. based Art Critic Group.
Fifteen years ago I moved to Southern California and opened the Twin Palms Studio in Pasadena. My oil paintings have been exhibited in San Francisco, Marin County, Santa Barbara, The Malibu Art Gallery and Brentwood, Los Angeles, for over 21 years, and have won Merit Awards.
The distinct style of my portraits, still lives, and streetscapes are vividly painted in a colorful palette with generous strokes, and bold contrasts. I try to create paintings that reflect the influence of my own inspiration in a representational and expressive technique bringing a colorful and off kilter perspective and excitement to the canvas.
My expressive portrait oil studies have been the source of my commission work for many years and my exhibitions of portraits have won Merit Awards. The resulting art conveys a powerful visual impact, blended with a uniquely compelling expression of the subject matter.
I began my travels to the magical and beautiful cities of San Miguel De Allende and Guanajuato, Mexico, twenty years ago. Capturing my heart and soul, Mexico has been the inspirational source of my paintings ever since. Streetscapes that the viewer can enter, foliage that seems to flow with energy combine with the vitality of my own personal connection to the subject at hand. My paintings come from my memories and photographs and the work reflects my emotional response to the colorful and winding streets and sights of Mexico.
- Creative Media Alliance, Fort Mason, San Francisco
- Graphic Computer Arts Institute, San Francisco
- De Young Museum Art School, San Francisco
- Fashion Institute of Design, New York/ Illustration and Design Degree
- The Artist Magazine, featured Artist,”Passionate Portraits” February 2003.
- San Francisco Hall of Flowers,Juried Show, 3rd Place, Self Portrait
- Merit Award, Figurative Art, SF Women’s Art Gallery, Hayes St., S
- National Award U.S. and Canada, Jewish Federation Catalog
- Topanga Canyon Gallery, Topanga, Ca
- The American Guild of Judaic Art
- MICA Art Group, San Francisco
- Art Exchange, Art-Exchange.com
- The Mailbu Fine Art Show
- Calabasas Art Show
- Brentwood Art Festival
- Pasadena Fine Art SHow
- Riverside Fine Art Festival
- Bank of America, Pacific Palisades, Ca.
- Topanga Canyon Gallery, Topanga, Ca Featured artist, Apr
- Private Show, Home of Dr and Mrs Mark Liker
- SF Women’s Art Gallery, Hayes St.,San Francisco, Ca. Juried
- Open Studios, Army Street San Francisco, Ca.
- Hall Of Flowers,San Francisco, Ca. Fort Mason, Juried
- Jewish Museum,Stueart Street ,San Francisco, Ca.
- De Young Art School, San Francisco, Ca.
- Fort Mason, Art Show San Francisco, Ca. Juried
- Art Works Gallery, San Francisco, Ca.
- Art Span, San Francisco, Ca.